Over harvested FUE repair

Discussion Forum for Hair Transplant Revisions and Repairs

Re: Over harvested FUE repair

by BaldGossip » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:13 am

Andy30 wrote:Very well answered in regards to donor density.

Dr Rogers you got anymore repair cases that I could see here, especially scar repair.

On average how many grafts needed to repair a scar?

Andy it all depends on how long and wide is the scar, I would say on average 200 - 500 grafts
Raj Bains
Bald Gossip - Forum Co-Moderator

Bald Gossip are not a medical professional. All opinions are of our own and our advice should not constitute as medical advice. Medical questions should be directed to qualified medical professionals.
Site Admin

by Alexfue » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Dr Rogers, from reading this post about hair textured. My question is would the surgeon decide on what density to give a patient after looking at his hair textured hair?

by Dr Rogers » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:26 pm

It tends to be a bit of a guesstimate as it isn't an exact science. I know some colleagues have FUs per cm in mind but the reality is that the higher the density, the better. The limiting factor is the donor area, not our ability to place the grafts.
But those patients with thick calibre hair, a bit wavy or curly or have a high percentage of 2,3,4 follicular unit grafts, will always tend to have more dramatic improvements.
If you have fine hair, then the result will also be fine, tending towards the thin.

by Alexfue » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:58 pm

Thanks Dr Roger for the reply. It all makes sense.

If you dont mind ive got another question to ask, when removing grafts from a repair work on the hairline, will there be a scar left behind in the future?

Dr Rogers wrote:It tends to be a bit of a guesstimate as it isn't an exact science. I know some colleagues have FUs per cm in mind but the reality is that the higher the density, the better. The limiting factor is the donor area, not our ability to place the grafts.
But those patients with thick calibre hair, a bit wavy or curly or have a high percentage of 2,3,4 follicular unit grafts, will always tend to have more dramatic improvements.
If you have fine hair, then the result will also be fine, tending towards the thin.

by Dr Rogers » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 am

There would be a small scar, just as in Fue, since we use the same punches. However the little white dots are usually even less visible on the front, perhaps because the contrast is less

by rvshivagopi » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:32 am

I am very happy to found about this. Thank you for sharing this with us

Linked removed by Bald Gossip.

Previous